There are many business benefits to getting involved with the PBO, in addition to the personal benefits to those you help.
- Taxpayers may deduct up to 10% of their gross income in contributions to a Public Benefits Organisation (PBO) in terms of Section 18(A).
- For a Company, this means an effective 28% of Company tax is saved, plus 15% Dividend tax.
- For an individual, the maximum of 41% of contributions in tax is saved.
- Furthermore, any deductions of assets to an NPO are free of a 20% Donations tax.
- In addition, no Capital Gains Tax is payable on assets disposed of to a PBO.
- Finally, no Securities tax is payable on certain transfer of shares to a PBO.
Contact us to get involved and make a difference in someone’s life